Apologies for keeping you all ten days without any thoughts from me.
Here’s a little update:
- Fall is here and the colors are beautiful! Here’s a picture from our (Harley + me) trail walk yesterday:
- School is winding down for the semester (or perhaps it would be more accurate to say it is “gearing up to start winding down”). There are still a bunch of exams, projects, presentations to get through in the next 2 weeks, but then we can coast for a while. And did I fail to mention that I have a full month off from school! I haven’t had a month off since middle school in Australia, and that was only because it was our summer break!
- How amazing is it that Thanksgiving is in less than 2 weeks!? This year, my family is back at the farm, just the 4 of us, along with 3 canines. Harley has been told he will get to meet his insane cousin, Sullivan, and I don’t think he’s quite sure what to make of him:
- And I suppose, if Thanksgiving is just around the corner, than Christmas is sneaking up right behind. Since we’re not exactly rolling in the money anymore, Harley and I will be channeling our inner Martha Stewarts again and making some homemade gifts. Did I mention that we’ll also be driving 20 hours back to Texas for Christmas? So exciting 😉
- As for this weekend, there are social plans (dim sum, a cappella, etc), and scholastic plans (learning a statistical programming language, critiquing an epidemiological study, and writing a presentation on new federal policies regarding school nutrition). Hope you all have a great weekend!